My abc Foundation Welcomes You...
I am Making A Difference Today... Learning Through A Special abc Curriculum...
Advent for Building Human Capital
Hear it from the Graduates
Coming together from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, our skilled team of
professionals is the backbone of MyabcFoundation.
Their ideas help shape the direction and mission of our organization as it continues to develop.
"I was a school dropout"
"I lacked confidence"
"I had no income"
"I was a reject"
"Till I met
"A Life Changer"
"An English Booster"
"A Confidence Injection"
"A Giver of Hospitality English"
"An Aid for gainful employment"
"Today I don't only work for a hotel...
I AM A BUSINESS OWNER – OF A FACILITY MANAGEMENENT COMPANY"
"Thank You Myabc."
Need for abc ?
abc learnt that providing English to youth would help with their growth because ....
- * English is the key for employment globally
- * English is a necessity and a way forward for the 21st Century
- * English at school allows reading/writing skills but VITAL conversation is poor
- * Fluency in spoken English builds confidence needed for international standards
- * abc connects abc graduates to local and international hospitality opportunities for greater financial rewards
- * abc helps build Human Capital.
abc conducts operations from Dubai. Operations in selected countries of accessible vicinity to Dubai are undertaken after an in-depth feasibility to meet with abc Board’s strict criteria, legalized under a Foundation or Trust.
abc Pakistan operates under an NGO "abcFoundation" in Islamabad and Northern Areas viz. Hunza
abc India operates under a Trust Deed "abcID" running its operations from Delhi
abc UAE its operations in Dubai training teachers for all countries and piloting students growth on a pro-bono basis. abcFinale www.abcfinale.com is a LLC company that assists graduates from the above countries to be placed in employment.
Whilst feasibility studies for Tanzania & Syria have been completed, operations are on hold presently.
abcFinale - Job Placement
abc Graduates are helped through "abcFinale" (www.abcfinale.com) a Dubai based incorporated company to gain employment
"abcFinale", operates independently to abcFoundation as a sister entity, but under the same value systems placing Graduates i in employment
- American Embassy – India
- Le Meridian
- JW Marriott India
- Sofitel Hotel JBR, Dubai
- Holiday Inn, Dubai
- McDonalds, Delhi
- Unicraft, Delhi
- HFDC Bank, Delhi
- Hyatt Regency, Delhi
abc Logo & it’s Ethos
Circle Reflects: Starting simply, basic requirements = A Global reach / A universal need.
Heart Reflects: Refining stage adding few curves = Love for improvement/ Yearning for a better life/ Growth/ Need for education/love.
Star Reflects : Refined with more definition = Self Improvement/ Sense of achievement/ Ready to shine/ Nearing actualizing potential
To enhance human capital through skills and knowledge transfer
An Advent for Building human Capital: To Be instrumental in advancing growth for discerning individuals to have a positive impact on society in selected territories
Compassion, Integrity, Trustworthiness, Commitment, Acceptance of diversity
To enrich discerning individuals confidence and skills in English for Hospitality, built on existing knowledge of English, so they enter an international working environment at a higher level of employment with ease.
Near free learning after passing assessment tests accorded to those:
- Having basic English Knowledge
- Having been to school but not furthered themselves
- Applicants not employed in their chosen career of study
- Applicants with no growth prospects, having to take up menial positions
- Unemployed for over 12 months
- Whose gross income of their families is below national norms
- Relaxation on merit to working professionals with poor level of English.
Regular Evaluation of abc programs applying a 360° approach is applied covering the following:
- Student's continual comprehensive assessment
- Teacher's (two fold) assessment by students and Master Trainer
- Assessment of study material based on feedback from students and teachers to follow current trends
- Curriculum assessment by the industry experts so that the program is customized with hospitality industry norms
Entry is only possible after successfully passing competency tests designed on international norms for the following:
Responses are marked against a designed rubric that allows placing applicants to different levels of the curriculum.
abc Curriculum: 3 Levels of Tailored Curriculum (British Council authored)
Level 1: Elementary
- 72 hours of learning, focused on initiating and indulging in English conversations
- Knowledge of basic hospitality etiquette
- Frequently used vocabulary and phrases
- Placement preparation for various hotel departments
- Allow choice to be made for department selection.
Level 2 : Intermediate
- 72 hours of learning focusing on advanced language usage of the hospitality industry and in-depth knowledge of different departments of a hotel.
- 4Star/5Star hotel work experience for a day
- An opportunity to be placed in a hotel for work experience
Level 3: Skills enhancement
- Training focusing on increasing confidence through in-depth directives of knowledge and practice to communicate in a professional manner
- Job Experience Workshops & Role- plays to focus on increasing confidence through advanced practice of English
- Grooming skills
- CV writing skills
abc certificates for proficiency in English for Hospitality are sought after documents by HR Managers in the GCC Certification procedures are as follows:
- Students attaining 60% marks in all areas of program awarded "Certificate of Achievement"
- Students attaining less than 60% marks awarded "Certificate of Participation"
- Being industry specific abc certification, allows high chances of graduates winning a job interview
- Faculty are certified teachers
- Trained by Master Trainer in our designed curriculum and pedagogy under Train The Trainer (Triple T) Program
- Have to uphold our values and mandate
- Regularly appraised for quality assurance
Kezia Da Rocha
Founder in Charge
abcIND Liaison Officer – Training Manager
Member in Charge - Oversees Finance , (PRO)
Member in Charge
- A dynamic and talented professional with 10+ years of experience in handling comprehensive Human Resources activities for business operations of reputed hotels across GCC.
- Hold MBA in Human Resource Management and Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Iqra University, Islamabad, Pakistan and currently pursuing CIPD – HR Management.
- Known for building and maintaining a progressive work culture, rewarding employees to attract and retain the best talent and coaching teams to deliver targeted results.
- Evaluate the job opportunities available in market.
- To develop relation & rapport with HR departments of hospitality establishments.
- To liaison with hotels, catering companies and other hospitality ventures for recruitment requirements
- Ensure their resumes are updated as per ABC format
- Interview the candidate / graduates before they appear for the interview
Founder's of abc
As the idea of abc got germinated, we have had amazing support from acquaintances, friends, family and other connections to whom we humbly appreciate.
We say thank you to all those who assisted monetarily, supported with their valuable time and volunteerism. We have classified our supporters as:
"associates of abc" - those that helped with their time and effort on an ad-hoc basis;
"friends of abc " - those that give ongoing support and are regular benefactors
"patrons of abc' - those who add value on a continual and unrelenting basis To each one we say thank you
Patrons of abc
those who add value on a continual and unrelenting basis
Strengthened by Holiday Inn Dubai – Al Barsha
"Friends of abc " - those that give ongoing support and are regular benefactors
Largely remaining anonymous, you know who you are.